Oct 9, 2008

Start Here..

Pardon me, but this seems the only option I have to navigate you thru a blog, or I can use some pre-formatted site tool and provide a pre-defined and not-flexible-enough navigation menu, or I have to (and don't wanna) pay for web hosting. Freedom is not a free lunch, even on the Internet!

This blog is a record of an one-way conversation: it all starts when my infant care expert advised me to talk to my 12-month old son frequently, on anything. I don't know the logic behind it, but I cannot argue with the expert. So I flipped thru some children's books at a bookstore, and was very frustrated by the vast amount of vocabulary - I may need a dictionary on one hand while reading a children's book on the other hand to the boy, who may find it equally frustrating. So I began to repeat TV/print news to him, with my parsing whenever he expresses confusion (as shown in the picture, that's the only feedbacks I got), only hoping against the hope that he's not getting nightmares.

I kick-started this by telling him how badly managed the country is. He didn't give a hoot. 

So I switched the topic to renewable energy - I thought, far-fetchedly, that it may interests him since he's upbeat everytime he gets on the car. It turned out he's nonchalant. 

Then it came the financial crisis. It hits and it hits hard, on the economy, as well as my portfolio. The living standard is deteriarating for many households, including this one. When the boy is angry, good parenting says it deserves an explanation. This is when I started disecting the financial crisis to him. He found it amazing.

0 comments: